Dr Richard Taylor
Consultant Physician at Kidderminster General Hospital 1972 – 1995.
Independent MP for Wyre Forest and member of the House of Commons Health Select Committee 2001 – 2010.
Life President of Independent Community and Health Concern
Dr Clive Peedell
Consultant clinical oncologist and co-chair of the NHS Consultants’ Association.
Active campaigner against the increasing marketisation and privatisation of the NHS.
Ran 160 miles in 6 days from Aneurin Bevan’s statue in Cardiff to the Dept of Health in London, in protest against the Health and Social Care Bill.
Member of BMA Council
Dr Lucy Reynolds
- Health policy academic and analyst with professional background in Accountancy.
- Previously a designer and implementer of medical services in Asia, Africa, E Europe and the Caribbean for fifteen years.
- Freelance editor with regular slot on the monthly magazine New Internationalist.
- Worked on various texts for, among others, OUP, Heinemann and Ayebia, an independent publishing company that focuses on African literature.
Dr Alastair Fischer (PhD)
- Economist who now works and teaches in health economics.
- Was the director of the Australian Centre of Experimental Economics for six years, and has written a number of papers on electoral systems.
Dr Guy Baily
Hospital doctor specialising in infectious diseases.
Worked in NHS hospitals in London and Manchester.
Currently he is head of the HIV medicine department at the Royal London Hospital in East London.
Dr Louise Irvine
Inner City GP in Lewisham.
Programme Director for GP training.
Member of national BMA Council
Dr Jacky Davis
Co-chair of the NHS Consultants’ Association.
Co-founder of Keep Our NHS Public.
Professor Stuart Logan
Cerebra Professor of Paediatric Epidemiology and Director of Institute of Health Service Research, University of Exeter Medical School.
General paediatrician with particular interest in childhood disability.
As a researcher he spends much of his time trying to make research evidence more accessible and useful to practitioners, policy makers and the public.
Professor John S.Yudkin
Consultant Physician in north London for 27 years specialising in diabetes.
Professor of Medicine at University College London, until his retirement in 2007.
Worked in East Africa for 4 years and introduced and taught a Global Health Bachelors Degree Course for medical students, with an emphasis on health policy.
Worked in several areas with Medact, and chairs a charity called the International Insulin Foundation which works on access to care for people with diabetes.
Dr David Lawrence
NHS Consultant in Public Health in the NHS for many years specialising in health care needs assessment and planning.
Now works part time in the NHS as an independent consultant in clinical commissioning.
Also a researcher in Health Services Research who has carried out many research projects to improve health care.